* Winner of ECHO Jazz-Award 2017 for the album: Arne Jansen Trio “Nine Firmaments” (Traumton Records)
* Winner of ECHO Jazz-Award 2014 for the album: Arne Jansen “The Sleep Of Reason – Ode To Goya” (ACT)
* Concerts with the “Arne Jansen Trio” at the Jazzfest Berlin 2008, Enjoy Jazz 2008, Jazz Baltica 2009, Jazzahead-German Jazz Meeting 2010, Jazz Utsav-Festival Delhi, India 2014, X-Jazz Festival Berlin 2015, Jazz Baltica 2015, Africa-Tour 2017 (Angola, Mozambique, Senegal), Collaboration with “Orchestra Baobab” (Senegal)
* Continuous work with: Arne Jansen Trio, Nils Wülker Group, Matthias Schweighöfer, Katja Riemann
* 1996-2001 studies of Jazz guitar at the University of Arts, Berlin, with professors Jeanfrancois Prins, David Friedman, Sigi Busch and Peter Weniger
Studies with Pat Metheny, Mick Goodrick, John Abercrombie, Kurt Rosenwinkel and Philip Catherine
From 1998-2000 Member of the National Youth Jazz Orchestra of Germany, conducted by Peter Herbolzheimer
* Concert tours with numerous ensembles through the USA, Japan, Argentina, Scandinavia, Turkey, Russia, the Ukraine and south-east Europe
* Fellow artists and ensembles include Orchestra Baobab, Jazznova, Naked Raven, Paul Van Dyk, Jocelyn B. Smith,
Nils Landgren, Benny Greb, Niels Klein, Eva Kruse, Gitte Haenning, Tim Fischer, DanGer – Danish-German Jazzsextett, Fitzwilliam String Quartet, Film Orchestra Babelsberg
* Prize-winner at the Berlin Senate’s Studio-Competition 2007 with the “Arne Jansen Trio”
* Collaborative work as guitarist with Michael Thalheimer & Bert Wrede for the production of Shakespeare’s “As You Like It” at the German Theatre Berlin, 2008
* Invited as music staff tutor for the German nationally organised workshops “Youth Jazzes” 2001, 2003 and 2007, “Creativity Sessions” in Hammelburg as well as “Jazzcamp” in Denmark.
READ MORE ->
Dr. Johann Hinrich Claussen
Johann Hinrich Claussen, born in 1964 in Hamburg, studied Protestant Theology in Tübingen, Hamburg and London, then doctorate and habilitation in Systematic Theology.
Journalistic work on cultural theological topics for German newspapers, magazines and radio programs. Numerous book publications, for example on the history of church building and church music.
After positions as pastor, then as provost and main pastor in Hamburg, Dr. Johann Hinrich Claussen since February 1, 2016 cultural representative of the Council of the Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD).
-> Read more